Role Profile: Human Resource Assistant
The purpose of this position is to ensure proper management and maintenance of files and records.
The role holder will also manage the HRIS system and support the HR Officer in managing statutory deductions (NHIF and NSSF).
Key Result Areas
- Update the HR database;
- HR Data entry. Ensure filing and data entry is done promptly;
- Filing all staff documents received from the Account Managers and those generated within the HR offices;
- Manage proper and effective record and filing systems;
- Maintain the file movement register;
- Responsible for responding to staff queries on NSSF and NHIF issues;
- Prompt remittance of NSSF and NHIF;
- Liaising with NHIF in times of emergencies;
- Make random checks at NHIF to ensure staff records are up to date;
liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure that the NHIF and NSSF
records held in both HR and Accounts Departments tally;
- Liaise with government agencies and hospitals to give/retrieve information;
- Assist the HRO and HRSM when called upon to do so; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Professional training in HR (Higher Diploma in HRM);
- Knowledge of HRIS is a MUST- Experience in using an ERP system will be an added advantage;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Multitasking in a busy environment;
- Minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience in a busy environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines; and
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
How to Apply
quoting the position title with detailed CV, contact details of 3
referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any
other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or
before 17th June 2016.
Please clearly indicate on the subject line as “HR Assistant”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted