The International Business and Technical Consultants Inc. (IBTCI) Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) is seeking applications from qualified Kenyan nationals for the following positions:
1. Monitoring and Verification Officer: To ensure timely and accurate completion of verification site visits to USAID / Somalia program activities, based in Nairobi and including occasional visits to regions in Somalia.
- A Somali speaker with strong English verbal and writing skills;
- minimum of five years development experience in education, community and economic development, democracy / governance, conflict resolution;
- experience with monitoring, verification or evaluation of USAID or other donor funded projects in Somalia, including supervisory experience in data collection activities (quantitative and qualitative);
- strong qualitative and quantitative research design, data management and analytical skills;
- strong ability to synthesize findings and write reports;
- experience with mobile technologies required
2. Office Assistant: To provide daily administrative support to its field office located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and command of English and Somali language;
- one to two years of previous work experience (including education, summer internships/jobs, etc.);
- experience and/or familiarity with international development preferred;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- works well independently and in teams;
- pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving;
- mastery of Microsoft Office and experience with using and researching the Internet.
Please submit a CV, Cover Letter, and 3 References to email@example.com not later than 17th June, 2016 at 5.00pm.