The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Motor Vehicle Specialized Mechanic- Diagnostic Expert.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical faults on light, heavy vehicles and generators;
- Provide technical support to the workshop team;
- To efficiently retrieve and use workshop manuals as well as wiring/pneumatic diagrams;
- Carry out mobile breakdown maintenance;
- Advice on modifications required on vehicles ;
- Take part in special tool ordering process;
- Diploma in automotive engineering (electrical option), or its equivalent from a recognized Institute;
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a busy workshop in a similar position;
- Able to use the diagnostic tools correctly;
- Knowledge of metrology tools (dial gauge, torque wrench, multimeter, oscilloscope, Vernier caliper);
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following systems is MANDATORY: CAN data bases, multi-port fuel injection, high pressure diesel injection, air conditioning, ABS & EBS, pneumatic suspension, automatic transmission, 4WD transmission, wheel alignment, SRS, auto lights, auto-wipers, 12V/24V battery energy management;
- Excellent command of English;
- Good Computer skills (Excel and Word);
- On request availability for field mission in Kenya and abroad (to solve technical issues)
- High sense of integrity and high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- High degree of flexibility
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Good management skills and able to manage a team if needed;
- Good team player;
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 01st July 2016.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross, Logistics Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),