Supply Chain Administrator (Fixed-Term Contract) – Nairobi
The Supply Chain Administrator is in charge of supporting internal customers by facilitating their order requests and keeping them continuously informed of the status of orders and their exact position in the chain.
S/he has a strong understanding of logistics and general supply chain processes and procedures and supports them actively.
The position is a fixed-term 5-month contract.
S/he is able to carry out the following roles:
- Handles Supply Chain Management for ICRC Somalia Delegation while respecting the given procedures;
- Strictly revises order requests before validation in the ERP;
- Follows the order requests flow up to the total accomplishment of the order request;
- Updates the status simultaneously in the ERP;
- Applies ICRC Rules and Regulations all along the process of an order request;
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the Logistics department (e.g. prepare and modify correspondence, reports, drafts memos and emails, filing);
- Responsible for follow-up of stocks in the ERP system in collaboration with the Warehouse Supervisor;
- Any other tasks as may be allocated by the line manager.
- Degree in Supply Chain Administration or Logistics,
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field of activity,
- Fluent in written and spoken English with strong and effective communication skills
- Very good level of computer literacy especially in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience working with an ERP,
- Detail-oriented, methodical and with good analytical skills,
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines,
- Very good interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 27th June 2016. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.