Finance & Administration Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will responsible for designing & implementing the key financial policies, procedures and systems required to help the company manage its financial operations.
- Ensure sound financial management for the company in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and Kenyan statutory requirements; manage monthly financial reporting, bank reconciliation, cash flow analysis and management
- Prepare the Annual operating office budget.
- Work closely with the External auditors to facilitate annual audits
- Prepare and submit tax returns and ensure other statutory deductions are paid on time
- Develop and maintain Human Resources files for company employees and ensure that all files contain valid employee contracts, CV’s, job descriptions, performance plans etc.
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted on time each month.
- Set up employees benefits for the company staff including pension, medical insurance, severance package and any other packages
- Assist in the recruitment process for staff and liaise with recruitment firms
- Manage facilities, vehicles and logistics and address any maintenance and repair issues within the facilities.
- Collaborate with department heads as appropriate for monitoring administrative matters
- Manage the procurement process in compliance with policy and requirements; maintain updated vendor lists and vendor performance files
- Manage the company stocks in terms of re-ordering, safe custody and planning future orders in line with business needs.
- Manage the procurement team for local and foreign purchases, facilitate lines of credit with the bank and manage the same, deal with clearing agents.
- Ensure that all property/equipment is registered including equipment descriptions, specifications, serial and model numbers, Purchase Order Number etc.
- Supervise and ensure the consistency of procurement records management; create and comply with standard records file list for all procurement activities – Purchase Order Forms, Request for Quotes/ supplier selection and approvals, receipt of goods and services (GRN forms)
- Supervise quarterly inventories to reconcile database entries with physical counts of property within the office and document and track property movements
- Degree in Finance or related course
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Strategic Management is added advantage
- CPA (K)
- Over 5 years in a comparable role (preferably in the IT Industry)
- Experience in a retail environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Data Analysis and with Quickbooks or Hansaworld ERP.
- Familiarity with Kenyan regulations and practices especially in finance & human resources