Vacancy: Club Manager
Category: Hospitality / Restaurant
Offer: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
- Hospitality Industry: General Management, Budgeting, Food & Beverage, Service and Human Resource Management.
The ideal candidate will be a Kenyan citizen who has the following:
- University Degree in Hospitality.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- 10 years of experience, 3 of which will be as F & B Manager within a reputable Club, Hotel or Restaurant
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong Food and Beverage Management skills
- Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management
- Human and Professional Resources
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Inter-Personal Skills, cool temperament
- Membership and Marketing
- Golf, Sports and Recreation Management
- External and Governmental Influences
Knowledge in Technical Areas (experience)
- Give recommendations and advise to the Management committee as may be necessary for the efficient management of the Club, with regard to legal obligations, the improvement of the facilities offered by the Club, and such other matters as he/she may deem necessary or as may be requested by the Management Committee.
- Deal with all Club correspondence under the direct supervision of the Honorary Secretary
- Abide by, uphold and administer all the laws, rules, regulations of the Club.
- Attend all Meetings of the Management Committee.
- Attend all Meetings of Sub-Committees or delegate such attendance to one of his/her Assistant Managers.
- Prepare and submit a Monthly Management Report to the Management Committee.
- Provide the Management Committee with timely and accurate information and other routine reports to help them fulfill their requirements to oversee the operations of the Club.
- Prepare and keep custody of all proceedings, documents and minutes of Meetings of the Management Committee, and ensure that the same is done for Sub-Committee Committees.
- Effect the efficient provision of bar and catering services within the policy guidelines laid down by the Management Committee.
- Advising on costing of meals and functions.
- Ensure the cleanliness, upkeep, and maintenance of all Club facilities, grounds, furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Assist the Sports Convenor in the proper administration of the Sports Council and the Sports Sections,
- Provide details to the Assistant Managers to assist in the preparation and keeping of all proceedings, documents and minutes of Meetings of the Sports Council and the Sports Sections.
- Attend any Section Meeting he/she may deem necessary.
- Ensure the efficient allocation of duties to and proper supervision over all other Club servants.
- Chair and direct all Departmental Staff Meetings.
- Food and function costing
- Authorize the expenditure of Club funds providing the total amount does not exceed the designated amount as established by the Management Committee.
- Deal with all Club procurement under the direct supervision of the Honorary Treasurer.
- Make suitable provisions for the security, maintenance and improvement of all Club property, including buildings, grounds and all fixed and moveable assets.
Off Ngong Road,
submit one file containing your Application Letter, and detailed CV (placed in one file, please) as an attachment in Word or rtf format clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your mail to enable automated email sorting.
- Please send one application to avoid disqualification.
- Only applications sent for this specific vacancy will be considered
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.