The International Network of Religious Leaders Living with or Personally Affected by HIV and AIDS (INERELA+) Kenya Chapter is an interfaith network organization working with religious leaders, towards mitigating the impacts of HIV and AIDS, through congregational responses.
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Based at: Nairobi, INERELA+ Kenya Secretariat
Reports to: The National Coordinator
Job Purpose Summary: To Manage Accounting processes for donor funded Projects
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preparation of Budgets and Work plans on Donor Funded projects
- Maintaining financial and accounting systems
- Liaising with Donor Agents on Financial Reporting and Accountability for smooth implementation of funded projects.
- Coordination and control of projects under implementation
- Procurement of goods and servicing of office equipments
- Analyzing and review of budgets and expenditures
- Maintenance of computerized books of accounts on QuickBooks Accounting program.
- Design and implementation of internal financial control system
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Accountability Statements
- Provide advice on project’s budgetary control and cash flow management
- Maintaining payroll and remitting statutory deductions promptly
- Assist in preparation of Internal/External Audits
- General administrative duties
- Any other duty that may be assigned to her / him.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A degree in finance is a requirement, with professional qualifications in Accounting of at least CPA II or ACCA part II finalist.
- At least 3 year’s NGO experience in financial management; payroll, procurements, cash & bank management.
- Proven experience of supervising staff
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to financial resources management, including screening and collecting documentation, financial data processing, filing, provision of information.
- Strong computer skills including experience of using and administering Accounting packages.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result and responds positively to feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive and constructive attitude.
- Have cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humor, even under pressure
- Willingness to travel to field projects occasionally.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV indicating your current salary with current contacts of three referees including immediate supervisor, addressed to:
The National Coordinator, INERELA+ Kenya,
Kenya Programme email: email@example.com not later than 28th June 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.