Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technologist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine laboratory test procedures as outlined in the laboratory standard operating procedure manuals and reports test results.
- Correlates clinical information and/or previous lab results and reports discrepancies to supervisors and other appropriate personnel. Consults with superiors or senior clinicians when no pre-set criteria for decision- making is available before taking action.
- Collects and directs the collection of specimens with rigid attention to proper patient identification, priority status and hospital and laboratory safety and infection control policies for clinical testing.
- Maintains and operates lab equipment; able to detect malfunctions as they occur by review of instruments results.
- Participates in developmental work on new tests.
- Follows protocol for running and documenting control values.
- Collects, evaluates, and reports quality management data in order to monitor and improve laboratory performance.
- Works closely with all laboratory personnel to ensure timely client service and accurate test results.
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, doctors, and fellow employees to ensure optimal operation of department.
- Writes and updates laboratory procedures under supervision as required by quality teams
- Liaises with the Quality Assurance team to report any clinical incidences and seek support where intervention is required.
- Documentation – Properly and accurately documents/charts observations and ensures proper records are maintained of the same.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications
- Confidentiality – Preserves and protects patient and client confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation.
- Safety – Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Correctly disposes of bio-hazardous materials, labelling and handling of all materials.
- Compliance – Adheres and adapts to organizational goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all relevant practice licenses are up to date and copies maintained in the personal files in the facilities
- Any other duties that maybe assigned by the line manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Valid License from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Minimum of two (2) years post training experience in the same position
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com or before close of business 27th May, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.