Position: Assistant Accountant – Payables
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant- Payables.
The purpose of this role is to support the process that ensures that creditors are paid in accordance with policy, creditors ledger kept up to date and that clinics petty cash is maintained at optimal level for all the 23 centres.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process supplier invoices in the creditors ledger
- Process supplier payments
- Reconcile creditors accounts
- Petty cash management
- Collect fully supported invoices from Procurement section
- Record received invoices in the document movement book
- Review submitted invoices for accuracy against IPR, LPO, GRN for accuracy
- Post reviewed supplier invoices into the creditors ledger on a daily basis against approved charge codes
- Arrange posted invoices by supplier name in readiness for payment
- Preparation of payment voucher against supplier invoices entered in the creditors ledger
- Attach respective supplier invoices to the voucher
- Submit invoices and payment voucher for authorization and payment
- Collect statements from suppliers
- Review creditors statement against the client’s creditors ledger
- Follow up on missing invoices and query discrepancies on invoices
- Prepare individual supplier reconciliation report
- Tracking movement of documents from archive
- Maintaining cleanliness of archive
- Maintain support office petty cash in safe custody
- Disburse petty cash against approved petty cash vouchers
- Reconcile float against paid vouchers
- Prepare reimbursement request when float reaches reimbursement level
- Process petty cash reimbursement requests from centres
- Post petty cash expenses from centres and support office into SUN
- Participate in quarterly stock take exercise
- Participate in cross purpose activities within the organization
- Participate in asset verification
- Relieving duties as assigned when other finance staff are on leave
- Perform any other duties by virtue of your position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in finance or related fields from a recognized institution of higher learning or CPA II.
- The Candidate should have experience working with any EDP system (working knowledge of inflow and SUN will be an added advantage).
- Minimum one year’s work experience in accounting either in private sector or NGO
- Possess excellent data entry and processing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 14th June, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.