- Overall in charge of the unit assigned
- Overall responsible for the daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the health unit.
- Ensure proper documentation of the history, examination findings, investigations and treatment prescribed.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures in the OPD minor theatre i.e. stitching cut wounds, I&D of abscesses, removal of minor foreign bodies.
- Actively participate in weekly CME’s held at the hospital
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaign.
- Assist in daily morning ward rounds of admitted patients with the medical officer assigned to the ward and contribute to bedside teachings to junior staff.
- Keep complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the health unit and monitor and supervise their usage.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
- Provide health talks to patients/clients on day to day basis
- That the health unit assigned consistently offers services without running short of medicine and other medical supplies.
- That all staff in the health unit carry out their work within the regulations of the organization with result oriented supervision.
- That the quality of care is of the highest standard at the health unit as reflected in the quality of care assessment
- That calls are adequately covered with emergencies attended to within five minutes of patients’ arrival to the health unit.
- All assessments done of patients are adequately documented with correct medication guide by available laboratory evaluations
- Registered Clinical Officer from MTC or recognized Medical training institution
- Registration with the Clinical Officers council of Kenya
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Cultural sensitivity
- Team player
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Computer literate and proficiency in Ms-Excel and Ms-Word.
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.