The assistant will:
- Coordinate the report review process by receiving, consolidating, reviewing and submitting the donor reports to Technical Coordinators (TCs) or Grants Manager.
- Support the Field Coordinator in tracking funding opportunities, including calls for funding, progress of proposals, submission deadlines, financing available.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely and quality programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal IRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Support the Programme Managers in preparing and reviewing spending plans and work plans as per the grants calendar.
- Assist the Programme Managers in tracking the budgets expenditures and commitments in line with the approved spending plans and the work plan.
- Facilitate the Grant opening and closure meetings and follow up on action points/comments.
- Facilitate monthly BvA review meetings and circulate minutes.
- Support the Programmes in documenting and sharingcase studies/ success stories internally through Darubini, Fact sheets e.t.c
- Any other duties as assigned by the Field Coordinator.
Contribute to efficient programs and grants management including proposal development, reporting and grants monitoring roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work / International development / Communication- master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Flexibility at work
- Cultural sensitivity
- Team player
- Computer literacy- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Previous work experience in similar humanitarian setting is desirable
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Grants Officer – Hagadera
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and with technical support from the Grants Manager, the Grants Officer will support Hagadera Field Office in overseeing the grants management processes and documentation.
The assistant will: