The IRC provides both Basic and comprehensive obstetric care to Hagadera and Kambioos camp.
The IRC is planning to have a TOT Filling of MCH booklets training for MCH AND maternity Nurse ANC assistants CHP and Nutrition officers and their Supervisors across Dadaab camp.
2. Objective of the training
- Explain the meaning of standard curves
- Plot weight on a growth chart
- Interpret individual growth curves
- Focused Antenatal care (FANC)
- Postnatal Care (Targeted Postpartum Care and baby)
- Preventive services
- Enables the health system to locate the child for follow up.
- Planning care for the child (Low birth weight, pre-term).
- For surveillance and response.
- Program planning and monitoring:where are those not adequately reached with services and why, what needs to be done.
Section A: Measuring a Child’s Growth
Section B: Interpreting Growth Indicators
Section C: Counselling on Growth and Feeding
This course uses a variety of instructional methods, including reading, written exercises, discussions, role plays, demonstrations, and practice with real children.
Practice, whether in written exercises or with real children, is a critical element of instruction.
6. Material, Equipment and Logistic Support
- Flip charts, markers, note books and pens.
- Projector and Laptop.
- MCH booklet.
IRC will arrange the training dates, place, venue, and provide stationeries, refreshments and all other necessary materials for the training. Any expense related to this training will be covered by the IRC.
8. Number of Participants
A total of 24 participants will be attending the training. These are qualified nurses/midwives working at maternity and the MCH clinics at the healthposts and the community health officer in Dadaab.
9. Training venue
Hanshi conference Dadaab
10. Training date
The training will be conducted from 6th July to 9th July 2016
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.