S/He will carry responsibilities for the integrity of the IRC’s supply chain system And will ensure that Supply chain is able to rapidly response to the programs’ and operations’ needs, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include supervising activities and staff in the procurement, warehousing, assets management, vehicle fleet management, travel and transport management functions within the Kakuma office.
- Manage all staff employed in the Supply Chain Department in Kakuma and assigning duties through delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Continuously monitor and regularly evaluate the performance of staff who report directly to him/her
- Conduct staff capacity assessments and recommend training and other staff development initiatives
- To ensure all supply chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To familiarize with the IRC supply chain Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC Logistics Manual.
- To complete required reports and submit monthly supply chain reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator, Field Coordinator and management
- Receive and review all Purchase Request from Programs and Operations
- Ensure that procurements are authorized and carried out in accordance with IRC and relevant donor policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that IRC procedures are followed in all spheres. Carry out staff orientation where necessary.
- Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogs / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Review PRs, Bid Analyses and Contracts/ POs prior to sending it to the FC for signature and ensure that a proper record for any procurement activity is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Prepare weekly procurement reports and send to all programmes and departments
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Supply Chain Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are in place in the field site.
- Prepare and submit to the supply chain coordinator and FC a compiled and complete PR tracking sheet for all procurement activities in Kakuma on monthly basis.
- Oversee the performance of the procurement committee and participate in its meetings
- Participate in preparation of and closely monitor procurement plans to ensure they are followed
- Directly supervise the transport staff in Kakuma office
- Provide the required technical support to all transport staff in the field site
- Coordinate vehicle allocation and movement.
- Ensure that log books are verified and signed.
- Review and approve fuel vouchers.
- Strictly monitor fuel utilization and vehicles efficiencies.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that the fleet is serviceable.
- Review monthly vehicle reports outlining fuel usage, running and maintenance cost per vehicle
- Verifies vehicle fuel payments prior to sending them for approval.
- Devise a vehicle tracking system, which ensures that the location of all vehicles is known at all time.
- Ascertain and ensure adherence to IRC Transport and vehicle policy
- Ensure that an accurate asset register is maintained and updated on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up to date filing system for all assets is maintained.
- Review all monthly asset reports from before them sharing with the Supply Chain Coordinator
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paper work is prepared.
- Provide the required technical support to all warehouse staff
- Ensure that all the ware houses are well maintained.
- Ensure that updating stock records is done on a daily basis both on the prologs and stock cards
- Ensure that there is controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained.
- Review monthly stock reports.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain Policies and Procedures pertaining to warehousing are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Carry out periodic trainings reviews with all Supply Chain staff
- Conduct weekly spot checks in IRC Kakuma warehouse and maintain a file for the spot check reports
- Support the contracting of and supervision of construction activities for IRC Kakuma according to BoQs and designs prepared by the Construction section
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained for all construction activities undertaken by IRC in Kakuma
- Oversee booking of flights and accommodation for staff
- Ensure general office administration and housekeeping.
- Ensure proper administration and maintenance of the guesthouse, staff cafeteria, visitors’ accommodation and bookings.
- Ensure that all IRC Kakuma premises are well maintained.
- Work closely with the Field Security Officer to ensure that staff operate in a safe and secure working environment.
- Ensure that there are fully stocked First Aid Kits available in all IRC Vehicles, Offices, Warehouses, at all times.
- Attend the weekly management meeting and other meetings when requested by the Field Coordinator.
- Actively participate in all grant opening, review and closing meetings and ensure programs prepare and submit procurement plans
- Work closely with UNHCR and other IPs in Kakuma to continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC Kakuma particularly in relation with host community participation.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
- To carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner at all times.
Provide to the Supply Chain Coordinator and direct supervisor the following reports:
- Monthly Procurement report
- Monthly PR tracking to Nairobi and Weekly PR status to the field management team
- Cash forecast and Commitments report to Finance
- Monthly Vehicle Maintenance and Fuel Consumption report monthly to the Field Coordinator, UNHCR and Country Office
- Quarterly Vehicle insurance tracking sheet
- Annual driving license tracking sheet
- Warehouse Monthly inventory report
- Assets Monthly Report
- Quarterly Disposal plans
- Any other reports required by the Supply Chain coordinator and Field Coordinator
- Bachelor degree in Procurement, Logistics or Business management or another relevant field
- Professional qualifications in Procurement, Logistics or Supplies Management
- At least four years’ experience working as a logistician in a large and busy organization, preferably an international Humanitarian NGO; at least two years must have been in a supervisory role managing a large number of staff
- High level of integrity
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor;
- Committed team player;
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort;
- GOOD computer skills (Word, Excel);
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previous NGO work, work in Africa, experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF).
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.