IntraHealth International, Inc. is currently accepting expressions of interest from potential candidates interested in serving as the Director, Finance and Administration as part of IntraHealth’ s submission for an upcoming USAID funded HIV care and treatment tender in Kenya.
Director – Finance & Administration
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Director, Finance & Administration will be a senior member of the IntraHealth project leadership team in Kenya.
S/He will oversee all field based financial aspects of a new large and complex HIV care and treatment project, contingent on funding.
S/he will provide fiscal leadership for project activities, ensuring the effective use of donor resources to meet project goals.
S/he will be responsible for all project- oriented financial systems including budgeting, monitoring, forecasting as well as all legal, audit and contractual compliance.
S/he leads the implementation of these key systems by ensuring that activities are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches and comply with IntraHealth’s and USAID’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
Manage compliance support to the contractual and subcontract administration of the project including internal systems, project partner assessment and managing sub-contract mechanisms for each partner.
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Leads the development, monitoring, and review of the project budget and ensure effective development of monthly projections and cash advance forecasts
- Ensures compliance with donors’ agreements and that all activities are implemented as per the approved agreement and budget.
- Oversees the preparation of high quality USAID quarterly and annually financial reports as well as the PEPFAR expenditure analysis report.
- In coordination with country and Chapel Hill Finance staff, monitor grant spending to ensure timely expenditure of donor funds and project closure and adherence with IntraHealth and donor regulations.
- Provide direct mentoring and oversight to project staff performing financial and administrative functions§ Advise senior leadership regularly on on finanacial and operations-related matters
- Ensures accurate financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing for activities and procurements with close consultation with the Finance and Program units
- Ensures that financial management systems provides accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions, aligned with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures
- Monitors proper management of cash flow and assures that budgets are followed and the project does not overspend
- Reviews monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation statements for IntraHealth bank accounts
- Designs and implements sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records and documents of the organization
- Reviews disbursements and payroll costs for authenticity and accuracy
- Provides financial performance feedback to the project leadership team and IntraHealth Headquarters program and finance support staff
- Facilitates and follows-up change of bank signatories and bank procedures.
- Conduct pre-qualification reviews and selection of potential sub-contractors/grantees and vendors to ensure value for money and compliance with IntraHealth and donor requirements
- Develop consultant contracts, agreements, and work orders-including scopes of work, deliverables, and payment schedules, ensuring competivive processes and compliance with local, IntraHealth and donor policies and guidelines
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Review financial reports of sub-grantees, whenever applicable, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Serves as liaison with external auditors, facilitates internal and external audit undertakings.
- Prepares responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plans relative to both internal and external audits and report back to the Chief of Party and IntraHealth Headquarters
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in administration, finance or similar field
- At least 8 years of experience in financial and administrative management with organizations which manage international projects, or a Bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of experience in financial and administrative management with organizations which manage international projects.
- Professional qualification in CPA (K) or ACCA
- Experience managing USAID contracts with indepth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data, create and track budgets, set up and maintain financial management systems, and experience with financial/accounting software.
- Experience administration of grants management of donor-funded projects, preferably on large USAID projects
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients.
- Proficiency in computer skills including using Quickbooks, Serenic, Excel and Access
- Client Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Effective Communication (Oral & Written)
- Organizational Stewardship
How to Apply
To apply, submit CV, USAID biodata form, and 3 references.
See full job descriptions and submit application online by searching for each position at http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers, or send via email to email@example.com (reference the position title in the subject line).
Applications close on June 30, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IntraHealth International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer