in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the
field of migration and works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does
so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
the overall and direct supervision of the Information Technology
Officer in Nairobi, the incumbent will be responsible for providing
daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with
consideration to the needs and requirements of the mission.
- Implementation, management and maintenance of Information Technology and Communication services and network.
- Provide onsite support to the above mentioned systems and services.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading Servers, Backup systems,
desktop and laptop computers and software used in the mission.
- Maintain communication systems/equipment including, mobile lines, PABX,
VOIP and other sat-phones, Internet access and all other communication
- Ensure data and system integrity by setting up
and administrating ICT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines,
access controls, firewall and physical security.
- Provide appropriate ICT training to all users in the mission.
- Assist in the design of database systems and applications as required
by local specifications and providing technical support to users.
- Follow IOM ITC Standards and liaise with IOM ICT departments in Manila
for the installation and running of VPN-access to the WAN.
- Maintain regular updates to the technical documentation for the voice and data networks.
- Maintain/follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all ICT equipment.
- Maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree or Higher in MIS/Computer Science/Telecommunications/
Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution
with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School/Certificate in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience.
- A holder of relevant certification especially A+, N+, Microsoft Certifications and CCNA will be an advantage;
- Ability to develop and maintain databases using MS Access, Visual
Studio and/or SQL 2005 or higher will be a definite advantage;
- Experience in managing computer networks preferably Windows 2008 Server and Client;
- Knowledge on the use of messaging systems i.e. MS Exchange and hands-on support for MS Office products;
- Excellent verbal and written communication/management reporting skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and implement policies and procedures from his/her supervisor;
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure;
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Communication – Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology
will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit
for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations
by the concerned Government, where applicable.
residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in
a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty
station will be considered.
the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or
in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work
permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Closing Date: 30 June, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at
any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting,
process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on
applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and
inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to
apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal
candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.