Job Overview / Summary: The Application Support Specialist at the IRC will provide timely support to the daily operation of business applications at the IRC.
The position will initially focus on configuring and supporting the newly developed and launched Budget vs Actual (BvA) system.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide L1 and L2 end-user support for BvA, GSC, and Finance systems
- Produce any documentation necessary to facilitate usage of application; including user and admin guides
- Generate reports to highlight any trends in usage and notable bugs
- Assist project managers with administration of applications
- Routinely test applications to ensure features are fully functional
- Minimum of 2-3 years of IT and business/industry work
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of customer service
- Working knowledge of applications being implemented
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Fast and independent learner
- Intercultural competence
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365
- A sense of personal ownership of the applications, and the drive to keep customers well satisfied with the level of support they receive
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow as an incident management tool a plus
The position will work in the Nairobi, Kenya iHUB location and is expected to be on-site
Standard office work environment
How to Apply
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org.