Job Title: Pre-sales Engineer
H.O.D: General Manager – Sales
Business Unit: ISAT / Alldean Networks Ltd
Report to: General Manager – Sales
- All technical aspects in Wananchi business (ISAT, Alldean and Simbanet) relation to satellite and associated technologies
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and technical service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team- member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Support customer for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by management as and when required
- Adhere to process and procedures
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate in seminars, technology, event shows.
- Preparing Presentation to customer and accompany Sales team wherever necessary.
- Client visits to explain the solution and agree on solution design.
- Keep track of all tenders and RFI’’s. Preparing and submitting tenders. Working closely with operational team.
- Assisting Sales team with the pricing and solution design.
Education, Skills and Experience Required for the position
What minimum, education, skills and experience are necessary for effective performance in this position?
Education Bachelor’s Degree in IT , Electronics and Communication or related fields
- Media and Broadcast system design,
- Studio Design, Basic IP Networks, Basic Systems Integration,
- Strong Customer Relations
- Commercial Acumen.
- Effective Communication- ability to break down complex information to simple language while delivering desired solutions
- Ability to work closely with others
- Report writing and technical designs drawing
- Media and broadcast products knowledge,
- Studio integration knowledge
- IP & Systems Integration
- Customer Relations.
- ICT Industry
- VSAT Systems and installation
- Media uplink products like Scopus, Harmonic, DSNG installation
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience media and broadcast industry with extensive experience.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constructed. This may be reviewed periodically and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the duties of the job.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and CV to email@example.com, subject heading PRESALES ENGINEER not later than 28th June 2016.
iSAT Africa / Alldean Networks Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer competitive compensation to the right candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.