The Finance department is responsible for ensuring a sound management of the financial resources entrusted with the company and to ensure that there are effective procedures in place to facilitate internal controls and accountability of funds to all stakeholders including tax authorities.
Main Purpose of Role: The Accountant has operational responsibility for finance functions both for the company and the other associated companies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing the daily financial needs of the company, i.e. preparing daily bank positions; payment vouchers and cash/cheques deposits.
- Preparing monthly petty cash and bank reconciliation statements for ALL banks and submitting a copy to both the CEO and HOF, by the 5th. Day of each month, and notifying both whenever bank balances run low.
- Preparing and reconciling the debtors and creditors monthly for action by top management.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and ensuring that expenditure is incurred within the budget limits and following financial procedures.
- Ensuring that transactions are fully supported, approved and properly filed.
- Ensuring that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that the procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
- Assist with the preparation of the audit schedules and to support the internal and external audit processes.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the preparation of financial reports as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of Kenya government requirements related to financial matters
- Liaise with the Head of Finance, and the Chief Executive Officer to maintain and regularly update an accurate fixed assets register.
- Payroll preparation and statutory deductions processing as delegated by the Head of Finance.
- Facilitate funds transfer to staff on field assignments based on approved requisitions prepared by the Head of Technical Services and approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned commensurate with this job description.
- Data entry of financial data on the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Monthly reports to the Head of Finance and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Monthly staff payroll by 25th. of each month forwarded to the Head of Finance and subsequent payment of the payroll statutory deductions within the same month.
- A well-managed petty cash system.
- A Bachelor degree in (Accounting or Business Administration) from a recognised University with strong finance and management background.
- First level accountancy qualification (CPA I or AACC I)
- A minimum of 3 years in a busy finance department preferably from a trading or manufacturing company.
- Hands on experience in office administration packages i.e., QuickBooks, Pastel, and Tall ERP.,
- Excellent excel skills, knowledge of budgeting process, financial reporting and audit procedures.
- Good communication skills and strong supervisory and leadership competencies.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2256”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2256, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 17th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.