We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Recoveries Officer (Claims Adjuster)
Role Purpose: Aggressively pursue maximum motor and non-motor recoveries from third party insurers and third parties within the limitation period with a special emphasis on mitigating claims costs.
- Maintain and update proper records of the company’s recoveries and expected recoveries from the other insurance companies.
- Ensure initial demand has been sent on all recovery matters.
- Quantify the company’s recovery claims to the third parties.
- Document the company’s recovery matters to the third party within reasonable time upon receipt of the file.
- Ensure discharge vouchers from third parties are executed immediately on receipt and sent back.
- Follow up/ call for cheque(s) upon execution of the discharge voucher(s).
- Promptly deal with third party claims that fall under knock for knock thus ensuring cost cutting on claims matters.
- Appoint tracers to investigate legal/beneficial ownership of the third party motor vehicle owner, economic status and physical address of the third party
- Follow up on the tracer’s reports ensuing the reports are received in good time well before matter gets statute barred.
- Review the tracer’s reports and take the appropriate action as recommended in the report.
- Liaise with legal section when a matter is to be filed in court well before it gets statute barred
- Deal with general correspondence on recovery matters
- Meet the set recovery target for the month.
- Monthly reporting of recovery amount received.
- Work in the general claims department on assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy.
- At least 5 papers in a professional insurance diploma.
- Policy processing
- Financial risk identification and management
- A minimum of three years’ experience in claim adjusting in a reputable organization
All applications should be made through Recruitment@Jubileekenya.com by COB on 14TH JUNE, 2016.
Please Note: The subject matter of the application should be the code and the title of the job applied for. E.g. HRJIC220 RECOVERIES OFFICER (CLAIM ADJUSTER) – GENERAL DEPARTMENT
Hardcopy CVS will not be accepted