KCAU seeks to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed candidate to fill the following positions in Distance Learning & ICT Department:
The holder will develop operational procedures for facilitating and managing Distance Learning within the department.
- Provide expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of IT initiatives supporting education and training organizations.
- Provide technical support for administration of moodle, liaise with ICT Coordinator in running LMS Server, making back ups, documenting changes to the moodle/blocking set ups etc. This will allow for streamlined upgrades at a later date as necessary and may involve working out of office hours.
- Keep up to date with developments (technological and pedagogical) in e-learning and Instructor Led Training(ILT) and disseminating the same to colleagues.
- Design and develop quality e-learning courseware primarily for industrial and technical training applications for industry wide e-learning.
- Apply knowledge of classified computer networks, information security standards and guidelines, and instructional technologies to effectively implement and operate a distributed learning production and online dissemination environment.
- Format and structure training and course learning modules so they can be launched, tracked, and delivered. The person will assist in the design, development, and delivery of technology-mediated learning activities and tools, including online tutorials, and job aids.
- Demonstrate experience with incorporating new technologies into academic programs and administering an environment for faculty to test and integrate new technologies into the curriculum.
- Gather and disseminate feedback, reports, and metrics regarding learning development, delivery systems, applications, courses and tools.
- Train schools and faculties on the E-learning platform
- Bachelors degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Information Systems Management or Instructional Systems Design;
- A masters degree, preferably in education or Information systems will be an added advantage;
- 3 years of experience in preparing and integrating course material into distance learning applications, developing and providing metrics information associated with student utilization of distance learning applications, and providing technical assistance to students, instructors, and course administrators in the use of the available distance learning applications;
- Experience in administering operational functions of the moodle VLE, including initial system set up and upgrades.
- 2 years of IT experience including understanding of an SQL database and web server operation.
- 2 years of experience in Web-based course development and delivery tools;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development;
- Experience and training in online instructional design;
- Hands on knowledge in the use of LMS, e.g. Blackboard experience in Module and other open source software is preferred.
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,