The Position: Reporting
to the Head, Bancassurance, the role holder will be responsible for the
overall financial management and oversee the operations of the Bank’s
Insurance Subsidiary ensuring that all activities are in compliance with
the Group’s financial policies and procedures and regulatory
The key responsibilities of this position will be;
- Prepare the monthly financial performance and the accompanying analysis for the Bank’s Insurance Business.
the quarterly financial reports for consolidation by the Group ensuring
they comply with the relevant regulations and in accordance to the
strategic financial plans, including the budgets and forecasts by
collaborating with the Head, Bancassurance. Monitor budgets against
targets, and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s
audits by internal auditors, external auditors, and Regulators (IRA,
CBK KRA). To follow up all issues raised in audits and inspections
reports and resolve them
- Ensure compliance with IFRS/IAS, Companies Act, Taxation Act and IRA guidelines.
- Ensure all regulatory returns and any other information requested by the regulator is correctly compiled and submitted on time.
integrity of the general ledger through daily review and analysis and
ensure that all Bank accounts and the relevant suspense are reconciled
- To validate and approve all payments related to the business in line with the laid down authorization limits and timings.
robust debtors’ management and reporting system; ensure that the
collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flows
are steady to support operational requirements. Ensure creditors and
debtors balances are properly reconciled.
that there are adequate internal control procedures to minimize loss of
income or misuse of company assets, and that all the set procedures are
the completion of all regular daily, weekly, monthly reporting with all
associated commentaries including; month end actuals and
forecasts/plan, for multiple key stakeholders (incl. Exec Committee,
Board, Finance, Management, Regulators; CBK,IRA, KRA) Ensure there is
integrity of the data and consistency of format prior to delivery to
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing team.
In order to be considered for the above position all applicants should have the following:-
Degree in a business related field from a recognized university. A
Masters in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
least 6 years management experience in a busy Insurance/Bancassurance
environment, 4 of which should be in Financial and Management reporting.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance industry and regulatory guidelines.
- Understanding of IFRS/IAS and accounting principles.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools.
you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the
criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV,
stating your current position, remuneration level e-mail and telephone
contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to
To be considered your application must be received by 30th June 2016
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted