Kenafric Industries Limited
Position: Area Sales Manager
Position: Area Sales Manager
Reporting To: Country Sales Manager (KE)
Department: Sales & Distribution
Location: Consumer Division
Job Purpose: Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned market.
Manage all sales and support Staffs and directs a sales team while providing a leadership, towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and the area sales team members.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Achieve Area sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet Area sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for regions in support of national objectives.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect application submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintain and expand customer base by developing distributors, Van sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities
- Recommend new product lines by identifying new opportunities, gaps, market trends, packaging, and RTM; by surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors activities.
- Implement trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending with timely feedbacks and recommendations.
- Accomplishes sales targets, volumes and organization mission and values by completing related results as needed.
- Analyze sales trends, carry out market research.
- Accomplish Area sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned areas; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Sales, Marketing and sales or related field of study.
- 5 -7 years experience in FMCG.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to demonstrate sales record (3+ years) at a high level of achievement.
- IT Knowledge is desirable.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Results driven
- Posses good networking skills
- Has ability to build rapport easily with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Good persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Must be highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your application letter and cv quoting the job title on the email subject (area sales manager) to email@example.com by 15th June 2016