Our Client, The Kenya Bankers Association, recognizing the central role of the banking industry in the payment system, established the Integrating Payment Systems (IPS) project in 2012 to address the challenge of creating a more integrated retail payment system in Kenya.
Provisionally named the Kenya Interbank Transaction Switch (KITS), this is a system envisioned to provide the banking industry with a platform to significantly improve the sharing of payment system infrastructure, provide a seamless inter-bank settlement mechanism thereby managing settlement and liquidity risks.
The Association has settled on a technology solution provider and embarked on its implementation.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
IT Operations Support
Reporting to the Team Leader Support Analyst, this is a position responsible for providing operational implementation, management and support for all services provided to clients 24/7, ensuring SLA’s are met and client satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Operating as per laid down operational processes: Start of Day, End of Day, Command Execution, activating jobs, etc
- Monitoring of all services, including IT networks, as per the laid down thresholds and standards defined in the application standards for abnormalities and out of line occurrences to ensure the products perform to the SLA’s for both the production and DRP site
- Logging of incidents in an accurate and informative manner as and when they occur
- Escalating and reporting of out of line situations to the Operations Supervisor or Chief Information Officer
- Communicating and assisting bank customer counterparts relating to operational problems and queries
- Performing management functions in accordance with the paid down parameters relating to backup, bank output and processing
- Participating in Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption Planning activities under the direction of the Chief Information Officer
- Strictly adhering to all security protocols, both physical and technical
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in IT/Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- ITIL V3 Certified is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience as IT Helpdesk Support in a complex and busy working environment. Experience in the Financial Industry is an added advantage.
- Working Knowledge of Linux ( Red Hat Linux) Operating System
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems
- Experience in Operating and running Applications in Oracle Database an added advantage
- Experience in managing Incidents/Problem/ Change is required.
- Experience in managing Preventive Maintenance Calendar is a plus
- Experience with Tieto Card management suite is an added advantage
- Proven experience in customer service
- Ability to plan and schedule IT operations
- Must be prepared to work in a shift environment
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.