Our client, Kenya Ferry Services Ltd is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of efficient and effective technical engineering services to the Company.
- Developing, managing and monitoring the department budget;
- Ensuring that best engineering standards and practices are upheld;
- Maintaining adequate and up to date records of drawings, plans and alterations for projects undertaken;
- Directing and overseeing the specialized installation of parts, plants and equipment;
- Advising management on technical matters and providing leadership in formulation of equipment replacement programmes; and
- Ensuring statutory regulations and insurance requirements are followed, for the safe condition of ferries, plants, gear and equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent in a related field from a recognized university;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- A Marine Engineering Class 1 certificate or equivalent;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body;
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ working experience with at least three (3) years in a relevant senior management position; and
- •Experience in the marine transport industry/ or marine operations management will be an added advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
The closing date for the applications is 6th July, 2016.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.