Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling miscellaneous civil engineering structures design and construction works including supply chain, materials testing and commissioning.
- Training including induction and capacity building of staff in miscellaneous civil engineering structures design and construction
- Setting and monitoring implementation schemes and milestones
- Preparing monthly progress reports and other reports for Management.
- Setting up safety, health and environmental sustenance rules and regulation at all working places and labour camps;
- Monitoring safety at working places and labour camps.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Must have a valid Practising Certificate
- 7 years’ experience with exposure in general civil engineering designs and construction including and not limited to roads, buildings, water supply, wastes disposal (solid and liquid), 3 of which must be at a management level.
- Demonstrate understanding of standard gauge railway design, construction and general railway operations
remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and
responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right
In addition to the Job requirements, applicants MUST
meet and show proof of compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six
of the Constitution, namely Clearance Certificates from :-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
P O Box 30121-00100
to be received by Friday 1st July, 2016
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.