Reporting to the Head driver, he/she will drive staff on official duties and deliver mail in various places as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving staff to various locations;
- Delivering mail as requested;
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean and in good condition;
- Ensuring that all documents are well placed on the windscreen and not expired including but not limited to Road licence, insurance and inspection stickers;
- Monitoring the car engine daily and reporting any faults to the Administration Officer; and
- Fuelling of the vehicle.
- Managing the vehicle work Ticket
- O-levels or equivalent
- Clean valid Driving license – class BCE
- Suitability Grade Test -III
- First Aid certificate from St John Ambulance
- 5 years minimum experience of driving class BCE vehicles
- Valid Certificate of Good conduct
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
In addition to the Job requirements, applicants MUST meet and show proof of compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution, namely Clearance Certificates from :-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (CLICK HERE to download), attach their testimonials and certificates and address their applications to the:
P O Box 30121-00100
to be received by Friday 1st July, 2016
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.