Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and keeping track of all railway infrastructure facilities and assets (conceded assets);
- Monitoring compliance with provisions of concession agreements with regard to permanent way, civil and marine engineering infrastructure, signalling and telecommunication;
- Carrying out regular stipulated comprehensive inspections of conceded network to assess compliance with specified infrastructure design, construction and maintenance and prepare pertinent reports;
- Evaluating investment proposals to assess proposed planning works or works implemented by the concessionaire for inclusion in the conceded asset accounts;
- Vetting any major modifications, improvements and expansions to the existing infrastructure facilities by the concessionaire and monitoring the implementation process to ensure they are as per agreed standards;
- Providing technical advise to management in regard to conceded network, expansion of existing or other new railway network as well as advise on technical standards;
- Managing, maintenance or recommendation of disposal of infrastructure and assets not take over or returned by Concessionaire;
- Ensuring safe upkeep of technical drawings, historical technical records and reference books and manuals;
- Working in collaboration with the Concessionaire and counterparts in Uganda Railways to develop harmonized infrastructure standards to maximize efficiency and seamless railway operations; and
- Participating in KR/Concessionaire meetings and preparing reports to the Board and Government as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Must have a valid Practising Certificate
- 7 years experience with exposure to Contract Management, Construction Management, Railway Engineering and transport, 3 of which must be at a management level.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
In addition to the Job requirements, applicants MUST meet and show proof of compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution, namely Clearance Certificates from :-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
P O Box 30121-00100
to be received by Friday 1st July, 2016
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.