Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES)
Conducting Training of Trainers in Life Skills and Career Counselling for the Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES)
Background: The Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program( K-YES) is a five-year program funded by USAID and implemented by RTI International and a consortium of partners that aims to enhance the employability of Kenyan youth (ages 18-35) with primary or some secondary education for increased wage and self-employment.
Specifically, the program will focus on nine counties – Bungoma, Garissa, Kericho, Kwale, and Nairobi in Phase 1 of the program, and Kisii, Migori, Nyeri, and West Pokot in Phase II.
KYWP activities are expected to result in increased youth workforce competitiveness and employment.
K-YES seeks to recruit two consultants to conduct TOTs for nominated participants from select K-YES partner organizations over the next 5 months on need basis.
Scope of work for the consultants:
- Facilitate 4-5 day TOT life skills training workshops for nominated participants from select organizations within the 5 counties where K-YES is working
- Write and submit reports on each of the trainings conducted and present them to K-YES Career Development Specialist within 7 working days after the trainings
The consultants will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all relevant training materials are obtained from K-YES office
- Preparing and ensuring any hand-outs for use during trainings are ready for use
- Production of deliverables in accordance to the scope of work
Qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate should have at least a Bachelors Degree with 5 years of appropriate relevant and extensive experience in facilitating trainings, at least 3 years’ experience in counselling and career guidance.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Demonstrated ability to set and deliver on priorities.
Level of Effort
- A minimum of 5 working days per training (trainings will be scheduled on need basis)
- Trainings may be conducted in any of the Counties where K-YES is working i.e. Nairobi, Kericho, Bungoma, Kwale and Garissa
- Trainings are projected to kick-off from mid-end June 2016
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to KenyaYouthWorkforce@rti.org by 6th June 2016 at 5.00pm.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/