Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Laboratory Technologist position.
Key Result Areas
- Performs routine laboratory test procedures as outlined in the client’s laboratory standard operating procedure manuals and reports test results.
- Adheres to quality assurance and quality control procedures in performing all testing;
- Correlates clinical information and/or previous lab results and reports discrepancies to supervisors and other appropriate personnel.
- Consults with superiors or senior clinicians when no pre-set criteria for decision- making is available before taking action;
- Collects and directs the collection of specimen with rigid attention to proper patient identification, priority status and hospital and laboratory safety and infection control policies for clinical testing;
- Maintains and operates lab equipment; able to detect malfunctions as they occur by review of instruments results. Troubleshoots the problem with vendor representative and raises the requests for repairs;
- Participates in developmental work on new tests;
- Follows protocol for running and documenting control values;
- Collects, evaluates, and reports quality management data in order to monitor and improve laboratory performance;
- Works closely with all laboratory personnel to ensure timely client service and accurate test results;
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, doctors, and fellow employees to ensure optimal operation of department. Communicates pertinent information to other members of the health care team in a clinically relevant time frame to enhance the lab’s contribution to patient care;
- Writes and updates laboratory procedures under supervision as required by quality teams;
- Liaises with the Quality Assurance team to report any clinical incidences and seek support where intervention is required;
- Documentation – Properly and accurately documents/charts observations and other data related to the clinical condition of the patient, and ensures proper records are maintained of the same;
- Continuing Education – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies. This should be done in Liaison with the Center Manager to ensure the lab is always covered while away;
- Confidentiality – Preserves and protects patient and client confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation;
- Safety – Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols;
- Correctly disposes of bio-hazardous materials, labelling and handling of all materials;
- Compliance – Adheres and adapts to organizational goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies and procedures;
- Ensures that all relevant practice licenses are up to date and copies maintained in the personal files in the facilities; and
- Any other duties that maybe assigned by the line manager.
- Minimum of two (2) years post training experience in the same position;
- Valid License from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board; and
- Minimum Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognised institution.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 21st June 2016 to the
Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
clearly marking –The position on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted