Our client a ladies clothes boutique is looking for a gentleman (23-30 yrs) to fill the position of a Sales Assistant.
The successful candidate should be a good listener, have excellent people skills and be able to meet sales goals.
Reporting to: Managing Director.
A sales assistant job description, including their routine daily duties:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
The personal skills that is required for the job:
- The person must have worked in a similar environment
- Conversant with social media marketing techniques.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, sports equipment etc.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Qualified and willing candidates can send their CV to email@example.com on or by June 15th 2016 indicating your salary expectation.
Kindly note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.