offering degree programs in various disciplines including Health
Sciences, Community Health Programs, Humanity and Agribusiness among
qualified, experienced and reputable team players to fill the following
Salary: Negotiable according to qualifications and experience
Location: Kisumu (able to travel to other Counties)
Closing date: 25/06/2016
The individual will be expected to carry out research activities to contribute to the institution’s academia.
In addition the Lecturer / MHR Co-ordinator will be expected to lecturer in on-going university teachings.
The successful candidate will build effective working relationships within the University and with strategic partners.
The successful candidate should have /be:
- PhD or PhD Candidate finalizing their study
- Publications in relevant field
- Demonstrates both mixture of field practice and Class Lectures
- Relevant work experience and exemplary performance
- Knowledge of how to interact with research teams and to encourage those you lead to participate and benefit from research experiences.
- Knowledge of research management and employment practices within the public and private sectors.
- Knowledge of national and international programmes or other funding bodies supporting research. Knowledge in community development issues.
- Knowledge and skills in imparting knowledge at all levels in Higher Education.
- Analytical focus
- Communication skills
- The ability to communicate with senior University staff from the University out-lining the benefits of participating in knowledge transfer activities.
- Strong negotiating skills with external organizations outlining the benefits of participating in knowledge transfer activities.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to initiate, plan and prioritize own workload.
- Ability to identify and conceptualize links between research and teaching and the needs of public, private and third sector organizations.
- Resourceful with the ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to network with internal and external people maximizing on all opportunities to raise awareness of what GLUK has to offer.
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Competent in the use of IT and communication technologies
- Ability to manage data and completely document leading to good practice for further researches.
- Evidence of writing and
- Delivering presentations to large and mixed audiences.
- Ability to organize and manage large networking events
- Demonstrable experience in a research supervisory/mentoring role, having had at least 10 years in research.
- Experience of liaising with stakeholders at all levels of research implementation.
- Prior experience in survey enumeration
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extensively in rural settings.
- Involvement in social and demographic researches at different levels.
- Experience of working with or in a community environment.
- Experience of working on donor funded programmes
- PhD or PhD candidate finalizing their study.
- Contributes to team development in research work. Seeks feedback and develops service delivery accordingly.
- Influences and develop ideas to enhance team satisfaction
- Communicates information effectively to a wide range of diverse stakeholders, influencing events.
- Making informed decisions:
- Uses analyses, reports and data to test the validity of options and assess risk before taking decisions especially in the field.
- Ensures optimum decisions are taken.
- Takes account of organizational priorities to ensure that operational and strategic plans are being implemented and achieved
- Responds positively to change, supporting others in managing transition and being flexible in approaches to job role.
- Is aware of own strengths and areas for development.
Applications should be addressed to the Vice Chancellor, Great Lakes
University of Kisumu, Main Campus, Off Miwani Road, P.O. Box 2224-40100
Kisumu. All applications shall clearly be marked “Application for the
position of Lecturer.”
application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies
of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity
Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
GLUK is an equal opportunity employer: Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.