Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda
Reports to Director of Business Development
About Living Goods: Living Goods seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world.
Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors.
The Opportunity: Living Goods is on a rapid growth trajectory. To support our ambitious goals, Living Goods seeks a highly motivated Business Development (BD) Manager to drive forward our efforts to secure institutional funding from bi/multi-lateral agencies.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Drive Living Goods’ business development strategy in East Africa.
- Pipeline development. Research, track and analyze new funding opportunities, competitive intelligence, and Living Goods’ positioning.
- When relevant, identify prospective partners and negotiate Living Goods’ sub-role on proposals.
- Relationship management. Develop and support senior management’s cultivation and strengthening of relationships with prospective funders, implementing partners, government officials, local media, and other key stakeholders in the region.
- Proposal development. Serve as writer, proposal coordinator, or other lead role on proposal teams. Develop well-crafted concept notes and proposals. Coordinate preparation of all supplementary information.
- Partner with the Global Business Development team to proactively standardize and improve business development processes, tools, and resources.
- Contribute to Living Goods advocacy, communications, and outreach activities. This might include researching and analyzing local and national policy issues, representing Living Goods in relevant working groups, or supporting country-specific communication strategies.
- Award management. Work closely with country teams to manage reporting requirements for future bi/multi-lateral funded projects. Provide expertise and guidance to Living Goods staff on the requirements and processes of these awards.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of Living Goods as a key member of the Business Development team.
- Represent Living Goods at conferences and donor meetings, as needed.
- Host key donors and partners visiting Uganda and Kenya.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in fundraising and business development, with a proven track record of success winning bi/multi-lateral funding. Two or more years emerging markets experience preferred.
- Desire and ability to help build the business development function in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced global organization.
- Experience in global health strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID and other bi/multi-lateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures required. Prior experience working on bi/multi-lateral funded projects strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience managing proposal teams and processes and producing deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
- Strong research, writing, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills.
- Willingness to travel, predominantly in East Africa.
- BA required; Master’s preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Regional Business Development Manager through our applicant tracking system HERE.