As the Technology / IT Manager you will implement game-changing innovations and support Living Goods’ mission critical mobile tools, data management systems and software needs.
- Oversee development of innovative mobile marketing tools and platforms, e.g. data collection, training support, field sales force management, mobile money, customer financing, incentive systems, smart phone and tablet apps, GIS etc.
- Support design / development / management of all LG technology products, whether developed in-house at Living Goods or developed by vendors. These include LGs data warehouse and reporting tools, website, accounting software, point of sale system, and Salesforce database.
- Establish and implement appropriate IT project management plans, and undertake continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities to assess progress against planned delivery.
- Prepare and disseminate project reports on a regular basis to internal and external users
- Establish appropriate IT quality assurance and control standards and ensure compliance
- Work with department heads, end users and stakeholders to understand their needs and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Contribute to overall organizational technology strategy.
- Able to understand and analyze software requirements.
- Develop web and mobile applications and web services in a scalable and reusable manner.
- Database design and development, understanding of database systems (PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MySQL)
- Experience with MVC frameworks and analytics frameworks
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience working in Lean / Agile Development environments
- Understanding of web technologies (NGINX, uWSGI, Apache etc) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Developing and extending Enketto engine experience a plus.
- Experience with payment systems a plus
- Strong IT project management skills
- University degree required, preference to candidates with, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience implementing technology strategy for organizations with large teams, with in depth exposure to: mobile-based systems, accounting systems, and CRMs.
- Experience in health systems development a plus.
- At least 2 years experience managing multi-stakeholder IT projects or programs.
- Experience leading and managing software application development for web or mobile platforms as well as developing database systems.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Technology / IT Manager through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods