We place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will develop and manage sound financial systems and reporting to support management decisions.
Key summary responsibilities include:-
- Formulate / adhere to appropriate financial management procedures and accounting systems and monitor compliance.
- Review financial reports to ensure compliance to Financial Reporting standards.
- Prepare department budget and review the consolidated budgets for approval.
- Control/manage costs within budget to contribute to the achievement of budgetary goals.
- Liaise with IT department to continuously improve existing accounting and reporting systems.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Coach and monitor performance to identify gaps with the finance team and recommend appropriate development.
- Contribute in project financial appraisal and advice on viability.
- Prepare / Review information required for the external audit and resolve issues, which fall under your control as chief accountant, arising out of audit.
- Coordinate planning to manage working capital.
- Manage liquidity for profit optimization and smooth business operations.
- Manage bank accounts and mandates to ensure efficient operations, compliance and security of funds.
- Approve payments, within specified authorisation limits, and review bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy of underlying records and prevent loss to the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the banks & financial institutions.
- Leads the financial role in due diligences performed on proposed projects & acquisitions to ensure that only viable projects are selected and follow up to ensure expectations are met.
- A University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) OR ACCA
- 3-7years experience in a busy organization in position of Financial Controller, Chief Accountant or other senior role.
- Sound understanding of IFRS. (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skills
- People leadership & management
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.