Law Society of Kenya
Job Title: Audit and Risk Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Internal Audit / Council and or Committee on Audit, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for;
- Coordinating the implementation of the Internal Control Framework so as to streamline Internal Control and Risk Management in the Society’s business processes.
- Reviewing the internal control framework and consistently ensuring its compliance.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of the formal risk management framework.
- Documenting audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Identifying, developing and documenting of audit issues and recommendations.
- Coordinating and liaising with external auditors of the authority to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are efficient and effective.
- Conducting appropriate (governance and performance) assessment exercises so as to streamline the Authority’s performance and governance processes.
- Overseeing the development of the annual audit plan.
- Performing related work as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 7 years management level experience in an auditing environment.
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance) or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- CISA certification will be an added advantage.
- Ability to act as a team player, collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently.
- Keep abreast with the recent trends in internal audit both nationally and internationally.
- Good writing skills and experience in development of Board papers.
- Results oriented, meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and work with all types of individuals up to and including the Director General and the Audit Committee.
- Excellent understanding of International Standards on Auditing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the position, submit your application complete with; copies of certificates, testimonials and CV outlining qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact, e-mail address, names and addresses of three referees.
All applications should be forwarded to the undersigned and must clearly indicate the position applied for, so as to reach us not later than Friday, 15th July 2016.
Only candidates who fulfill the above requirements will be contacted.
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P. O. Box 72219-00200