Job Type: Short term Consultancy
Supervisor / Reporting To: Facility Upgrade Manager
Nationality: Open for Kenyan Nationals only.
Project background: The Maternal and Newborn Health Improvement (MANI) Project is run by an Options-led consortium of eight agencies (CARE Kenya, AMREF, Population Council, MannionDanniels, KPMG, IHPMR and MSI).
The project’s strategy focuses on reducing the three common delays women face in accessing quality maternal and neonatal care, especially in Bungoma County.
Output 1: Strengthening health systems to manage and deliver quality maternal and newborn health (MNH) services, to ensure that women and newborns receive quality services (delay 3).
Output 2: Increasing demand for and uptake of MNH services to ensure that mothers and newborns seek and access the appropriate care (delays 1 and 2).
Facility Upgrade Component
The project received additional funds from DFID under Climate Change and Sustainability to improve the function, hygiene and client comfort at public health facilities.
Upgrading the power and water supply will contribute to health facility readiness to deliver services, thus contributing to the reduction of morbidity and mortality in Bungoma County.
The component has 3 main targets;
1. Installation of Solar Power Units in 30% of targeted health facilities in the County.
2. Ensure regular water supply by installing Rain water harvesting and storage facilities.
3. Carry out sanitation facilities improvements in 50% of target health facilities
4. Training cleaners in hygiene and sanitation skills and safe disposal of medical waste
Scope of Work
MANI Project would like contract a Solar Systems Designer to design the solar system packages for selected Health facilities in Bungoma County.
The specific roles of the consultant will include;
a) Review the energy audit reports for 35 selected health facilities
b) Conduct field visits to the selected sites
c) Design an off grid solar system package for each of the hospitals,
d) Develop Bills of Quantities (BOQ) solar system installation inclusive of standard electrical protection measures
The consultant will be required for a period of 15 days between June – July 2016.
The consulting firm/individual should meet the following;
- The firm/Individual should have qualifications in Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering; Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Individuals/firms must be certified as T3 certified solar PV technician or Solar Contracting firm by ERC.
- Individual/Firm should have a certified off grid Solar PV design tool with a minimum of Battery 50% DOD of 15years.
- Must have atleast five years’ experience in designing, planning and implementation of electrical works – with minimum of 3 years dealing with Solar Systems.
- Experience in developing solar systems designs.
a) The firm / individual should be licenced by Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) as Solar PV technician or contractor
b) The firm / individual should be registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya.
c) The firm should be registered by National Construction Authority (NCA) to provide electrical engineering services
a. Certificate of incorporation
b. Pin certificate
c. Tax Obligation certificate
d. Tax compliance certificate
If you meet the above qualifications and requirements, send your technical application, registration documents and relevant works clearly stating your qualifications together with financial proposal detailing daily/site consultancy rates to the Email: email@example.com by Friday 17th June 2016.