Our Client, a manufacturing company that is based in Rwanda and involved in paper milling, tissue products, detergent products and Bar soap, wishes to recruit dynamic, and highly motivated candidates to fill the position of:
Head of Commercial Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the commercial strategy for the business.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are met and that their business is retained.
- Work closely with the Heads of Sales and Distribution and Head and Export Units to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improve turnover and profitability of the company.
- Undertake market research and analysis and produce business plans/recommendations (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, and markets) are optimised
- Champion and lead each new product development, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business function, to enable it to become a core part of the business.
- Review and assess the potential to develop strategic partnerships with potential clients.
- Assess the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
- Ensure that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ensure that their needs are being met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, develop future improvements/services for the customers.
- Represent the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business.
- Maintain an awareness of external factors (including competitors, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicate such information and any subsequent changes to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Communicate with all major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) in line with business objectives
- Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and respond politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the entire operation of a company’s commercial department, strengthen brand identity for championing customer care and complaints handling about company’s products and report accordingly.
- Supervise, appraise, mentor and coach staff in commercial department
- To typically work in close proximity with other Heads of departments and top-level executives to determine the company’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all advertising and promotional materials for the company and negotiate with print and other media representatives to ensure efficient procurement of those materials
- To coordinate and assist the unit managers in developing viable annual marketing, sales and distribution plans.
- Design, implement, and facilitate the development of the annual marketing plan for the department including, planning and administering the marketing and sales and distribution operations budgets of the organization.
- Coordinate generation of daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports for the commercial department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in; Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Entrepreneurship.
- A master’s Degree in Business Administration with Marketing Option is desirable.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level of at least 4 years.
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence, commercially astute and customer focused.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality service and concern for quality and standards.
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Planning, organizing and coordinating;
- Managing Employee Performance
- Human Resource Management;
- Team Work;
- Ethics and Integrity;
- Report writing
Please submit your application with a detailed CV in the prescribed format accessible at our website (http://www.pkfea.com/index.php/job-vacancies/other-job-vacancies) and a cover letter indicating the reference number for the position applied for, current position, remuneration level, email and telephone contacts, copies of academic and professional certificates, and a copy of Identification Card (ID) / Passport.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 21st June 2016 and addressed to:
The Recruitment Team
PKF Consulting Ltd
P.O Box 14077 – 00800
PKF will only process applications submitted through the online address given in the prescribed format.