- Create and manage marketing communications activities designed to generate brand awareness, reinforce brand identity and drive demand in order to accomplish country targets.
- Coordinate media relations outreach activities including preparation and editing of media materials such as press releases and fact sheets and archive and analyze company’s coverage in the media.
- Assist with basic research in order to connect start-ups with investors and to investigate any trending activities within the start up community.
- Handle day-to-day social media management and manage all company’s online and offline campaigns with clear analytic structures in place
- Participate in relevant discussion across communities, social networks & blogs
- Improve marketing messaging, user experience and other aspects of the company’s website in conjunction with our outsourced web developer
- Help design and coordinate company’s creative events that build the company’s brand in the market and drive customer and partner demand in addition to helping plan, market and coordinate the Business Plan Competition, alumni engagement events and other conferences or company presence at conferences in conjunction with the Country Manager.
- Own the design of country-specific marketing collateral often in conjunction with a local firm or freelancer.
- Write and distribute the monthly in country newsletter.
- Create and manage alumni engagement initiatives.
- Create engaging blog entries and contribute to other blogs as a guest writer.
- Write copy for marketing materials and customize materials for specific programs and partners.
- Create and execute on a country-level marketing plan that includes a monthly marketing calendar and budget.
- Manage outreach activities including workshops/seminars, one-on-one meetings, social media updates, videos, etc., to optimize marketing effectiveness among target segments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual marketing/sales reports.
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance related to company’s brand.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and influencers in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Distribute press releases to a database of relevant local journalists and bloggers.
- Represent the company at local entrepreneurship ecosystem related events and strategically position the company for brand visibility.
- Record and edit promotional videos and generate photography of entrepreneurs and the organization’s core activities.
- Follow the entrepreneurs and other staff out to do field work to capture the stories as they happen and report back in real time format or write stories about these entrepreneurs.
- Write stories for the company’s annual report including sourcing and working with a high quality videography and photography team to capture the stories in both videos and photos.
- Source for strategic speaking engagements at conferences.
- Attend required company’s meetings.
- Any other task required.
The company is a small, young, energetic team and as such we look for people who thrive in startup environments.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in role related fields including marketing, communications and branding or public relations.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in brand/marketing experience at an agency, social enterprise or reputable brand and substantial exposure in the management of traditional, digital and social marketing activities.
- Ability to storyboard ideas and promotional material for different target audiences.
- Stickler for good grammar and consistent brand presentation (blogging or commercial writing experience a plus).
- Experience in the implementation and execution of brand strategy.
- Excellent communications and presentations skills as well as exceptional writing and editing skills are a must (comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite).
- Familiar with the startup/entrepreneurship scene in Kenya (especially), Africa and globally.
- Great marketing analytics and excel skills.
- Experience in managing content on websites.
- Knowledge of the print production process and supplier negotiations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in event management with proven track record.
- Work history that demonstrates proactivity, problem solving, creativity and organization.
- A people’s person and you enjoying getting social and networking.
- A heart and passion for our cause of helping entrepreneurs and dedication to our Christian beliefs.
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “ 2203”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2203, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Duma Works is recruiting a Marketing Manager for one of our clients; a social enterprise that empowers aspiring entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Position Description: The company is looking for someone who will run it’s marketing initiatives in Kenya.