Generation is a global youth employment programme that helps provide young adults the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories – closing the skills gap and easing youth unemployment.
We are seeking talented individuals interested in creating relationships with prospective employers in order to secure job opportunities for Generation graduates in the retail sector.
The key accounts coordinators will report to the Generation Kenya Programme Coordinator.
- Establish business relationships with prospective employer partners with SMEs in the retail sector
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to prospective employer partners
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for ways of collaboration
- Regularly meet entire team to divide and conquer universe of employers, share key strategies and report performance
- Collect vacancy data before cohort start and ensure vacancy placement upon completion of training
- Continuously deliver feedback to central team of employer needs to current role and potential future roles
- Facilitate the collection of data for return of investment calculation.
- Strong aptitude for sales
- Exceptional sales and negotiation skills
- Enjoyment of being out in the field and not being office-bound
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Confidence, motivation and determination
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the same or related field.
- Degree in a related field.
Cover letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2253”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2253, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.