Tax Manager – MDN Kenya
Background: MDN Kenya (formerly Muchekehu Nyakang’o & Co.) is a firm of Certified Public Accountants, established in Nairobi in 1985, and has evolved over the years through mergers and re-organizations to become the firm it is today.
The firm offers pro-active, client-focused professional advice on corporate and business matters to organizations and individuals in Kenya and overseas.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service that represents value for money.
To achieve this we invest time in gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business and developing close working relationships.
This enables us to put forward relevant ideas and advice and to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
Job Brief: We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services that will increase firm’s reputation.
You will serve as business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from a recognized institution
- CPA (K) or ACCA certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2016.