Job Profile: Medical Coordinator
Somalia / Kenya
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations.
It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors and other health care providers.
The Medical Coordinator is in charge of the implementation, follow up and supervision of medical activities of MdM in Kenya and Somalia.
- Contribute to the overall planning and strategic direction of Somalia and Kenya programmes.
- Provide technical support in health programme related issues
- Ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of MdM health Programming
- In charge of the capacity building of medical staff.
1. Team management
- Technical Line management of the Medical Team
- Organise regular meetings, briefings and debriefings with the medical supervisors
- Emphasize on capacity building of the national medical team
- Organise the schedule/planning of the medical team.
2. Programme Management
- React to any change by adapting the programme if necessary
- Develop the analysis of the medical data: realization of reports and graphs and ensure appropriate and early reporting system
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacy in Nairobi
- Monitor on a regular basis the different components of the programme
3. Coordination with UN agencies, NGOs, local medical authorities and local authorities
- Participate to the different health meetings
- Ensure project coordination with other health partners and lobby for its improvement and the necessary changes to be put in place for the best of the population
- Work in close collaboration with Punland MoH and Kenyan MoH and support capacity building within MoH team
- Doctor, Nurse, Midwife or public health background
- Knowledge of public health issues,
- Experience in PHC and sexual and reproductive health
- Experience in harm reduction for drug users
- Knowledge of MdM an asset
- Experience in a similar position
- Ability to train national staff,
- Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
- Knowledge of Somalia/Kenya an asset
- Capacity to work in a volatile security context and able to apply strict security rules
Personal skills required:
- Patience, Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability and capacity to take initiatives to changing requirements
- Organisational skills, rigor, Impartiality, Ability to synthesise
- Good writing and communication skills inside the team
- Interest for Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV to the following email address email@example.com with the title: Medical Coordinator.
Closing date will be on 12th June 2016.
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.