The merchandise manager will work closely with the merchandising team coordinating them and maximizing sales in every outlet for every product line.
The Merchandise manager is expected to set various sales goals and then work with the sales director and sales manager and other employees to ensure that those goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Merchandise manager must be able to multi-task and function in fast-paced working environments.
- They must have experience in overseeing a team as well as in training a team.
- They will be directly involved in the hiring and firing duties, as well as training new employees.
- Lead a team of 7-10 merchandisers. Meet with them regularly and plan their schedules and tasks in order to optimize sales for each product and outlet.
- Meet regularly with head office staff of all retail shops to ensure a good relationship is maintained.
- Plan all promotions ahead of time and in an organized fashion.
- Communicate effectively above and below you so that all sales team members know what is planned.
- Analyze sales data from quickbooks in order to present to the sales director your ideas and the analysis in order to grow retail.
- Do random audits of all the shops to ensure merchandisers are visiting.
- Plan tastings on a regular basis at all our main outlets.
- Ensure a proper planogram is followed and maintained.
- Ensure FIFO is being followed in the shops.
- Assist in the point of sale posters and banners and labels where and when necessary.
- Responsible for obtaining sales data on the competition for marketing research.
- Train merchandisers and store linesmen on the importance of HACCP. Train all staff on the HACCP standards associated with retail outlets.
- Degree in Business Management, Sales or any business related discipline
- 3+ years experience in merchandising with 2 years in a supervisory position
- Working knowledge of advance accounting softwares such quick books.
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiating skills are beneficial for this position
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out budgets and understand sales figures
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Capability to work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to understand what will appeal to customers
- Computer literacy
- Creative flair
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2278”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2278, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 6th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.