Job Title: Sales & Distribution Manager – Kisumu
Industry: FMCG / Milk
Salary: Kshs 150,000 – 180,000 gross
Our client is a processor of milk and other milk products of uncompromising quality.
They use the latest milk processing equipment’s and ultra-modern technology to serve the society with various milk products such as full cream milk, skimmed milk, butter oil and milk powder.
They currently have a milk processing capacity of 500,000 litres per day.
- Developing a complete regional annual strategic plan that will ensure all regions have a complete strategic plan document for the coming year, divided into quarterly action plans.
- Lead preparation and scheduling for quarterly business review meetings with all regional representatives to review progress on strategic plans.
- Plan weekly visit to key distributors as well as the general trade
- Review weekly market intelligence reports from the regional representatives. Ensure there are set priorities for the month and that there is progress on the same.
- Build new client relationships offering the company’s product range and approve terms of business
- Attend local trade shows & exhibitions – working with the Marketing team on new product launches and variety of other market communications initiatives
- Review weekly sales report together with the regional representatives and ensure they are all aligned.
- Receive weekly sales report with action plans for any individual outlet that is behind target from individual regional representatives.
- Prepare monthly regional penetration and sales uplifted report.
- Receive quarterly price surveys – wholesale buying and selling prices from the regions.
- Effectively manage all staff under him/her including the Area Sales managers, sales representatives and merchandisers.
- Ensure all accounts within the consumer division are operating within the agreed limits, and collections are made on time.
- Ensure development of close relationships with Key customers including regional key account staff, priority (emerging chain) staff, distributors, and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the Consumer business.
Skills and Qualifications required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce/Management with a bias in Sales and Marketing;
- Must have prior or current sales and distribution in Kisumu; at least 2 years
- A 5 – 6 years’ experience of regional Operations in a company dealing with FMCG
- Knowledge of distribution channels is desirable, specifically in Mombasa
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and proficient use of the internet and email;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and process operations data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven team work and leadership skills, and the ability to successfully build and manage a team and mentor all staff and agents in order to support professional development;
- Organized, systematic and process oriented with good administrative skills
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work under minimal supervision and willingness to be responsible for a varied set of tasks that will support the company’s growth and expansion
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria, possess the necessary qualifications and experience and you are zealous about key account management; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales and Distribution Manager – Kisumu 150 – 180K gross) to email@example.com before 5th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B – Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted