Vacancy in ‘Monitoring and Evaluation for the Somalia Humanitarian Programme’ Project
Transtec seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Expert for the DfID-funded ‘Monitoring and Evaluation for the Somalia Humanitarian Programme’ Project.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to Somalia.
Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya and must submit proof of this when applying for the position.
Position Summary: The individual selected for the Monitoring and Evaluation Expert position will be based in Nairobi, with travel to Somalia.
He/she will be support the Project Team Leader and other Experts in the implementation of M&E activities for the DFID Somalia Humanitarian Programme.
- Contribute to quarterly monitoring planning and workflow development
- Collaborate on the design of programme monitoring instruments and survey samples with thematic experts
- Oversee the authoring of mobile data collection tools
- Assess translation needs and coordinate translation of data collection tools into Somali
- Oversee implementation of call centre surveys
- Technical backstopping of call centre and monitoring vendors
- Identify development needs and inputs for ongoing training of field monitors and call centre agents
- Conduct quantitative analysis of monitoring data using statistical software package
- Report on monitoring results
- Regular communication to DFID’s implementing partners concerning ongoing monitoring activities
- Contribute to quarterly updates to DFID on monitoring activities
- Oversee the implementation of technical updates, maintenance and development services for the call centre
- Manage the development of data submission processes and protocols with DFID’s implementing partners
- Document data and reports submitted by DFID’s implementing partners
- Participate in formatting and quality assurance of DFID’s implementing partners’ data for publication to DFID Logframe Dashboard
- Relevant and advanced university degree is required.
- Credible experience working in monitoring & evaluation and/or call center operations is required.
- Knowledge of Somalia is preferred; knowledge of the Somali language is preferred.
- Very strong and demonstrated written communication skills in English required
- Very strong organisational skills Strong inter-personal and verbal communication skills are required.
Time frame: 1 July 2016 to 2 March 2018.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Ms Marta Chudzikiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org before 17/06/2016.