Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp.
The successful candidate shall be based in Dadaab, Dagahaley.
Contract duration: 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
- Is responsible for monitoring the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s region
- Develops contacts with national partners on a local level (civil society, civil and military authorities, local NGOs, Ministry of Health representatives, etc.) in order to obtain all the information and agreements necessary for the integration of MSF’s programmes in the local context.
- Proposes exploratory missions and organises them following the supervisor’s approval.
- Sets up data collection and epidemiological surveillance system (in agreement with the medical coordinator) and checks the team’s reactivity in the event of newly identified needs.
- Draws up the project’s priorities and objectives, the action plan, the chronogram and the partnerships and submits them to the capital team.
- Steers the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives fixed.
- Check that constraints linked to security and health are understood by everyone
- Oversees HR and finance management of the project
- He/she is the person responsible for the Project’s security.
- Checks adherence to security rules particular to the Project, and ensures that they are known and applied.
- Takes an interest in MSF’s associative issues and an active part in the decisions concerning MSF’s general direction and future.
- Managing, guiding, welcoming and coaching teams.
- At least 5 years of working experience in similar position.
- Preferably a medical or paramedical qualification or university-level studies
- A capacity to analyse the context and understand medical issues and MSF’s intervention strategies; a capacity to lead and motivate teams, organise the roles and delegation of tasks within the Project’s team, set up a network and write up minutes; demonstrates management qualities
- Autonomous; sense of responsibility; dynamic; skilled at representation: a capacity to take the initiative and make decisions; a capacity to listen in a multicultural context; good stress management skills; ease of communication; apt at resolving problems and negotiating.
- •Fluent in English, Somali and Swahili, with abilities to do frequent oral and written translations in Somali language. (Due to the nature of the work, person with the right to work in Kenya and with ability to speak Somali will be highly advantaged)
Due to the high volumes of applications received, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee.