The Authority is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track records to the following vacant position:
Director, Finance & Administration
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
The job holder is the head of the Finance and Administration Division
S/he will support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing Financial, Planning, ICT, Human Resources and Administration policies, procedures and strategies.
- Designing, implementing, monitoring and supervising internal financial control measures and systems to safeguard the property and assets of the authority.
- Preparation of core budget and providing technical support/advice to the line managers.
- Ensuring timely preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- Managing and controlling all human, financial, planning, ICT and other tangible resources of the Authority.
- Advising the Board of Management and Management on matters relating to Finance, Planning, Information Communication Technology (ICT), Human Resources and Administration.
- Ensuring the Authority performs to the requirements of state corporations act as well as international accounting standards.
- Effective financial mobilization and management including exercising expenditure control.
- Ensuring full compliance with the laws and regulations/procedures on accounting requirements.
- Ensuring safe custody of all the Authority’s documents and records.
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the Authority’s objectives
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in strategic planning ,financial and Human Resource management three(3) of which should be in Senior Management
- Professional body membership i.e CPA (K)/ACCA, IHRM or equivalent.
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A person of high integrity
- Leadership, negotiation and people management skills
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
- Those who have attended a strategic leadership development program will have an added advantage
- Clearance from KRA, EACC, CRB ,CID and HELB
- An application letter
- A detailed CV with three referees
- Clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 28251-00100,
Or our office in Gigiri
Commission for University Education Complex
Along Redhill Road, off Limuru Road
The application should reach us on or before 29th June 2016.
National Biosafety Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disability, women and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.