Our client is a non-profit organisation mobilizing people through the power of bicycles with a vision of a world where distance, safety and lack of sustainable transportation are no longer barriers to education, healthcare and economic opportunity.
They are searching for a disciplined and tenacious Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for the Bicycle for Education Empowerment Program (BEEP) who will report directly to the Country Director.
Job Purpose: The jobholder will coordinate M&E activities in country with the aim of measuring program performance, improving quality and reporting program activities.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders to oversee implementation of monitoring & evaluation for the Bicycle for Education Empowerment Program (BEEP), economic development and health programs in Kenya
- Lead the capture, editing and packaging of program success stories
- Facilitate routine utilization of program data and promote continuous program quality improvement
- Manage the program database, including oversight of data entry and routine reporting as required
- Provide training to management and field staff on M&E topics as required
- Provide technical guidance on the development, implementation and evaluation of pilot projects, operations research, and program evaluations in partnership with implementing organizations
- Support documentation of lessons learned, reporting, and presentation at appropriate fora
- Assist with program reporting and additional management activities at the request of the Country Director.
- Communicate and work closely with the Country Director M&E Director in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in social development, economics, international development or a related field, Master’s Degree a plus
- At least 3 years of experience implementing M&E systems
- Experience training others on M&E systems (data collection, interpretation, analysis)
- Experience leading and conducting surveys and using data analysis software such as SPSS/STATA
- Computer skills and experience using MS Excel, Outlook and Access
- Excellent administration, communication and management skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Dynamism, independence, creativity
- Fluency in English required
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial
Salary Budget: Kshs.180,000 – 200,000 Gross
How to Apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy before close of business 17th June 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.