The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Plan and implement instructional activities for the students as per the syllabus to ensure active and meaningful learning experience
- Preparing and maintain teacher professional records not limited to schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, record of work covered and other records
- Maintain current students’ attendance records and make them readily available to the supervisor
- Preparing and using learning aids to deliver the prescribed curriculum.
- Assess and evaluate students continuously as per the training program requirements and maintain students’ progress records.
- Provide feedback to parents and project officer on pupil’s progress during education forums and report forms
- Responsible for the Registration and conduction of National Examinations for his Learners.
- Make certain that course syllabus is completed in time
- Report for duty and lessons on time as required by the organization policy
- Prepare and maintain updated inventory of training resources assigned
- Ensure that safety precautions are observed in the workshop always
- Participate in mobilization, recruitment and retention of learners
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Hold a recognized Diploma in Beauty and cosmetic Skills.
- Hold a recognized certificate in teaching methodology in Technical Education
- Two year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
Education level: Academy college / University
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English (Knowledge of the local language is added advantage)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Have positive work ethics and desire to excel
- Accurate and keen to details
Contract period is up to 31st December 2016 with possibility of extension.
Travel: No travelling required
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Deadline for application: 02/07/2016