Ref. nr.: 3120028278
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Support the implementation of M&E frameworks and plans and standardization of data collection methods and tools at Area level
- Support quality control of the different phases of programmes development proposals, programmes implementation (start up, review and closure) included internal and donors reports
- Standardise, and expand, the use of digital data gathering or capturing to ensure quicker and better communication between field level activities and management units
- Develop appropriate means to measure or monitor impact of NRC projects on the beneficiaries and communities where we work, with respect to needs.
- Develop a strategy for peer/community monitoring and build networks of researchers/enumerators and community representatives to implement our desired M&E strategy.
- Identify appropriate mechanisms for gathering and responding to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries and other stakeholders, and provide recommendations for how these mechanisms can be set up and managed.
- Support M&E Area staff in implementation of the mobile data collection system and other initiatives at area level.
- Any other tasks discussed and agreed with the Head of Programme and the Regional M&E Advisor.
- Assist with recruitment and orientation of qualified and motivated M&E staff in Area offices.
- Make frequent trips to field locations to ensure that M&E system is functioning as required. This may involve provide training or capacity building to M&E and programme staff and predominantly means identifying issues impeding the successful deployment of our M&E strategy and finding adequate solutions.
- Assess the M&E capacity gaps within partner organisations and develop a capacity building plan.
- At least 5 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Minimum of a higher education degree in social science, economics, business administration, management, or related field. Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Considerable experience of supervising teams and overseeing the implementation of M&E and accountability activities at field level.
- Prior experience of M&E training and capacity building. Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Previous experience of conducting organisational capacity assessments and designing training/capacity building strategies would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of participatory approaches and humanitarian accountability frameworks.
- Knowledge of mobile-phone based data collection systems is preferred (Kobo, ODK).
- Existing links to researchers/local community representatives in NRC areas of operation and/or proven ability to establish such networks in unfamiliar areas.
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Advanced English Language level
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with MS Access or other database software is desirable.
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Kenya.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Go to www.nrc.no to apply online
Deadline for application: 29/06/2016