Description of Nottawasaga Institute (NI): The Nottawasaga Institute (NI) is a private organisation providing capacity strengthening services to agencies working towards sustainable development.
Through a wealth of experience in different sectors – environment, community development, governance, water resources, youth, rural development, education, health and HIV – we design and facilitate institutional strengthening over a broad variety of needs. We focus particularly on program planning and evaluation.
The Institute is incorporated in Kenya as a private limited company, and operates throughout Africa and globally. NI’s offices are located along Riverside Drive, Nairobi.
A. General Administration
- Receive and dispatch communication by e-mail, post and phone.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers, suppliers, visitors and clients.
- Handle company logistics, travel and accommodation bookings.
- Arrange, set agenda and distribute minutes for staff meetings.
- Create and maintain electronic files and hard copies.
- Monitor office supplies, order and maintain stationery.
- Co-ordinate activities within the office to ensure smooth operation
- Ensure cleanliness of the office
B. Accounts Administration
- Maintain ledger entries in general accounts
- Handle and reconcile various accounts including petty cash, fuel, bank reconciliations cash projections and accounts receivable.
- Observe due date for payables (expenses) and raise requisitions for payment of the same.
- Prepare staff salary invoices at the end of the month and remittance of statutory deductions.
C. Program Administration
- Support marketing activities as required (preparation/submission of bids, promotional materials, on-line marketing, support to marketing events, etc.)
- Prepare financial reports for field/workshop expenses for various projects.
- Update and maintain various databases including contact and project databases
- Coordinate recruitment process for interns.
- Maintain the information and resource centre for provision of reading materials for public information.
Essential Skills Required:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skill
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team
- Organized approach and good time management skills
- Intellectually capable
- Possess at least diploma in business studies / management / accounting; a degree will be added advantage.
- Past experience in office administration will be considered.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, QuickBooks, Word and email.
Remuneration: Monthly gross salary: Kshs. 22,500 + Transport allowance: 350 per work day
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE to complete the online application form:
Interested applicants must submit their applications by June 19th, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.